Location based filter?

So this is the king of thing I had in mind. Just quickly mocked this up so I can communicate better. I added the ability to have multiple filters and tags to be thorough. My wish is purely to have the ability to filter by location and I don’t care if it was just one filter without the ability to filter by tags. I have just added these to show the possible future capabilities this feature could provide. I also forgot to add [ range OR distance ] in the personal filter page. Which could be used to search a certain distance around a specific location or place. I also forgot to add in a small checkbox which could be added to the search functionality to use the filter while doing a global search…

I think this would be great as it would provide a way for people to filter out noise on the homepage or within the categories. Showing only posts relevant to their region and/or interests.

I’ve looked at the Mobile View and note that showing the “Filter: On” would not work as easily as the Desktop View. I am quite happy to continue doing designs based on ideas, feedback in relation to how we could implement something like this. I realise this would be a lot of work on the coding front.

3 Likes