Locations Plugin

That is pretty simple. Just add this to your theme CSS:

.topic-list-item span.location-after-title {
    display: block;
}

I have a different approach, which you can see here. So I just alter the font size and added this to my theme CSS:

font-size: .7em;
}
5 Likes

Perfect! Thanks @Roi :smiley:

I’ve decided to hide these now but I’m seeing some strange alignment issues, have I missed something with my implementation? :thinking:

visibility: hidden;
}

The space is still being occupied, I think I need to collapse it left somehow? :thinking:

You have to use display: none instead of visibility: hidden

4 Likes

D’oh :man_facepalming:

Of course, thank you @RGJ :blush:

1 Like

Hello

The geolocation of a city or an address no longer works.

5 days ago everything was fine ( I was in an early May version of Discourse. )
I updated a few hours ago to the latest versions. The problem came after that I think…

After testing:

It works in “MAP LOCATION” in preferences/profile.

The error only occurs in localization within a topic.

My location geocoding provider is locationiq .
Their services are announced operational on their website.

Does anyone have this problem too?
Or an explanation?

Thanks for your help !
Stéphane
My forum: Carte festivals/conventions JdR - Forums FFJdR

1 Like

I too am facing the same. While pin-pointing a new location in a new topic creation window, it doesn’t search any geo location:

It keeps processing…

While it was ok a couple of days back.

A fix is in progress guys, though this being a free plugin it is not prioritized.

3 Likes

I see reactions have arrived at meta :blush:

Thanks for the pending fix Robert :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Thank you for this info. At least we’re no longer in dark now.

3 Likes

PR pending review:

6 Likes

2 Likes

btw, if anyone is desperate for the fix or wants to help test this PR, you can, if you are brave enough, repoint your forum to this branch and provide me any feedback. Please read the comments at the top of the PR.

I’m not sure when it will be merged but at that point you will have to point back and rebuild. Just bear that disruption in mind.

NB: I have it running in Production and it seems fine.

There is a new experimental setting. I’ll let you find it.

3 Likes

I have the habit of breaking my forum in one way or another, but if help is needed here, I’d be glad to try the branch soon as I use this plugin and find it very useful. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for this huge update Robert :heart_eyes: this going to be really great. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve noticed one thing in this PR or the previous one.

It seems this is not translatable.

3 Likes

Yes, naughty naughty of us, we let this one slip through without a thorough enough review @angus @nathank ! :eyes:

A very useful feature and gratefully received, but can I please have another PR which localises this?

5 Likes

With the lack of any negative feedback I’ve merged this big PR, so if you were on the PR branch, please rebuild to main to get all future updates.

Updates which now include:

I’ve also added localisation to @nathank’s helpful new user preferences link from the User Map page:

Let me know of any issues and I’ll follow up.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Didn’t find the time to try the fork :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I’ve deployed an urgent fix that resolves an issue with Topic location entry when location input fields are not enabled and adds corresponding tests:

Due to the historical lack of front-end tests on this repo (which we are in the process of rectifying) it’s sometimes hard to be absolutely sure of desired behaviour, so please let me know if you come across any issues and I will look into it.

4 Likes

Can we do anything to change the size of the text on the map tiles to make it readable? :thinking:

It’s currently very small (and completely unreadable) :blush:

1 Like