Locations Plugin

Sorry @angus I think we’ve just found another bug which is preventing all members from setting or editing a location on their profile.

We are running discourse v2.5.0.beta4 +148 and have changed the Locations plugin to use https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations.git which is also at the latest (5185063).

When people edit their profile they now see the standard Discourse location field:

Where before, they would have seen the Locations plugin field:

I’ve tried disabling the plugin from the Admin Settings, then re-enabling it again but that didn’t fix it I’m afraid.

2 Likes

@angus and if it helps, this error is displayed in the browser console:

]

Which clicks through to:

3 Likes

@Richie Thanks Richie. I’ve updated the plugin again to match the latest changes in Discourse (with an assist from @eviltrout).

I won’t be updating this again to keep up with changes in core Discourse until June 1, so if possible please hold on updating your site again till then. If this is an issue, let me know via PM and I can work something out with you.

We’re working on a few different things that will help with the problem of plugin compatibility with Discourse updates. Until we release those, we’re using a time-based approach of updating the plugin to the latest discourse in the first 5 days of every month.

5 Likes

Fantastic!

Thank you both @angus and @eviltrout this is excellent news.

Installed the update just now, everything is working beautifully again :blush:

Thanks once again guys, loving your dedication and support :+1:t2:

Understood :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @angus I’m not sure what your update process consists of? Do you just check compatibility against whatever the current version of Discourse core is at the time of the checks?

2 Likes

Correct. Because the default install of Discourse is tests-passed we update to the latest tests-passed and then perform checks.

3 Likes

Thanks @merefield I look forward to some more fixes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know we’re not in the 5 day window yet, but just a heads up that todays discourse build is conflicting with this plugin. It is causing the new thumbnails to not work along with causing some other theme components to not work. Here’s the error:

6 Likes

Yep I’m aware of problems. Oh for a break!

4 Likes

A break? What’s that?? :grin: :crazy_face: I know the feeling all to well my friend. I appreciate your efforts as always!

4 Likes

Likewise :bowing_man:

Do you have a beer donation fund @angus @merefield on PayPal or something? We’d love to send you guys a few quid by way of thanks and to keep morale up :beers:

7 Likes

I figured it out. Locations plugin was causing the conflict with Youtube videos. My three geospatial nerds will be upset, but that’s ok. Safe mode helped. Thanks for that!

3 Likes

Please do not upgrade at present. I’m doing a major refactor that should be available in next couple of days.

6 Likes

We noticed this bug yesterday, when I had to upgrade for reasons unrelated to this plugin. In our case, it was either Locations or the Versatile Banner theme component, but not both.

Thank you Robert for your hard work. We can wait, no problem. :slight_smile:

And we’d like to contribute a few euros as well as a grateful Thank You.

5 Likes

Thanks for your positive comments. ETA still Tomorrow! :mantelpiece_clock: :world_map:

5 Likes

Hi guys,

I think it conflict with the Table of content component and other component aswell.

if the below screen shot could help you, no rush either, you guys are the best :

Thanks for your support. gros bisous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a clash, it’s a lack of compatibility with current Discourse core as I stated above.

PR in progress.

5 Likes

Locations remediation PR has been merged:

https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations/pull/50

This took a while as was quite involved.

7 Likes

@merefield impressive, everything is back, the maps, the theme components, the pictures. Thanks a lot.

4 Likes

:clap:

Thank you - updating our Discourse to latest now.

Ours is set to this, duly noted, we’ll keep an eye out for updates.

Thanks once again @merefield don’t forget to share details of the beer fund :smiley:

4 Likes