Logo creation?

I’ve counted about 12 different images required under the branding/logo section, and it’s a bit overwhelming.

Is there a simple way to create a logo for a discourse forum for free online?

There are so many different image requirements, did you hire a graphic designer to make all of these for your forum or did you do it yourself?

1 Like

I create mine in Affinity Designer, then use the export feature to scale etc.

4 Likes

Hi @forummaster :wave:

Have you tried searching for something along the lines of free online logo creator on google? Or if you’ve got Adobe Illustrator or some other software you can try your hand at something more personalised and fancy?

I think for many small communities that would be overkill.

2 Likes

I run Linux so I have GIMP and Inkscape but I dont’ really know how to use them. I did search online but there is a learning curve.

I already have a logo for my business but I need to make a rectangular logo for the main header image so I really just need to create the rectangle, insert my current logo, and add some text. Nothing fancy so just looking for a simple solution before watching tons of tutorial videos.

2 Likes

Inkscape is the way to go imo. If it’s something that is trivially easy I can even do it for you if you send me the details

1 Like

Some good advice above, and while logos add a nice touch, they’re mostly optional.

If you remove the default from logo for example, your site will use the title setting as text:

If home_logo is blank it will use a home icon instead.

If you do want to populate logos, the most minimal setup would be:

logo
logo_small

Most of the other logo settings will be automatically populated based on those two if they’re left blank.

3 Likes

Wow, that actually works better for me. The title looks fine and the small logo covers the rest of the site. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.