Looking for help learning discourse ins and outs and configuration

I would like someone to help me understand and configure discourse a little better. Specifically I would like to know if there is an easy way to have a category use the first image it finds in a post?

I have tried installing topic preview but cant get to show image. I would also like help optimizing and identifying ad-ons that my be beneficial and maybe structuring my site better.

I don’t have a budget it mind but seeing as how i just want some guidance through the process I dont expect it should be too time consuming or expensive.

1 Like

In general, one of the things I do is help people learn to use Discourse. Meta is a great source of help, but sometimes you’d rather just get an answer to your question, or get the answer to a question that you can’t quite state succinctly. Often if you know what question to ask, you’d easily find the answer.

I’m not aware of an easy way to have a category display the first image it finds in a post,but haven’t looked closely at the topic preview plugin.

I usually tell people that 2 to 5 hours of my time is what to expect, but I also work with people for many hours over several months.

My contact info is on my profile or see Discourse Standard Support – Literate Computing, LLC

9 Likes

Yes Im a web developer and im sure I could deep dive and become a discourse pupil but this exact moment i just want my website running well lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’ve got the money, I’ll save you time. :wink:

1 Like

I sent you an email lol. I think im going to have to find the time while I look for the money.

1 Like

Hmm. I don’t see an email. . .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.