Looking for suggestions: how to display patient procedures and dates

Hi everyone. First of all, Discourse is amazing. I’m in love.

I’m creating a new community for sufferers of acid reflux, specifically a community to help patients learn about various procedures available and share experiences with those who have had them done.

I’m hoping to be able to have some sort of a badge that is displayed on users’ profiles that have had a certain procedure - ideally with a date. Something like: Nissen Fundoplication Feb 2017.

Can you point me in the right direction for how to set this up? Should this be a badge system? Should I be asking users to put it inside their names?

Thanks for the help!

Josh

1 Like

Couple of options I can think of:

• Badges would work…you’d make a badge per procedure. However, if you wanted a date you’d end up with quite a lot of badges. Badges also don’t display on the profile unless you open the badge page…
  • You could use titles, which would appear almost anywhere their username does. But there can only be one title…you’d need to figure out how to handle multiple procedures.
  • You could also use custom fields. They would appear on the user card and the profile. Similar issue with titles determining how to handle multiple procedures. Benefit of custom fields is you could make more at any time.
2 Likes

Thanks Joshua, really helpful. I think perhaps the best option is a combo of name and badge. The name could be something like: John Doe: NF June 2017 and there could also be a badge for the procedure. That way for multiple procedures the name would also include that and there would be multiple badges.

I didn’t know there were custom fields available I’m going to look into that too.

Thanks agin!

1 Like