Lost queue of pending posts after upgrading

I upgraded today to the latest version of Docker and latest Discourse and when it got back online I noticed the posts-to-be-approved queue was significantly shorter. I noticed it got trimmed to only the latest two months of pending posts. Any idea what happened here? Where did the older posts go?

(Kane York) #2

Why did you know that you had such a long queue of pending posts and didn’t clear it out?

I’m going to guess that there’s a cleanup task that runs during upgrades to purge pending posts more than 60 days old.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

This is indeed a feature, I believe there is a site setting controlling the number of days before pending flags are ignored @neil?

Haven’t happened before after upgrades in four years since we’re using Discourse. When did this new behavior appear?

Any idea what/where that setting is?

EDIT: Is this the new “feature”/setting?

(Régis Hanol) #6

Yea that’s the one. Flags older than 2 months clearly are outdated and of no interest anymore.

Flags older than 2 months clearly are outdated and of no interest anymore.

Fair assumption, but a poor one for not taking into consideration all the ways in which Discourse could be used.

Any idea when this feature has been introduced?

(Régis Hanol) #8

I would love to be proven wrong :wink: Please do explain how you use the flag system.

About 5 months ago

(Neil Lalonde) #9

How were you using the post approval queue? :thinking: