Lots of HTTP 502 and 429 after updating to 3.4.0.beta1-dev

@RGJ my tone derive by your comment subtly implying that next time I would probably not get help, as I am doing something that supposedly shouldn’t work.

But beside that, it’s not like I have received any kind of help here instead.

If you wanted to be useful, you could have explained why it shouldn’t work.
As far as I can see from the repo, discourse uses DB migrations as it should be, which should ensure working installation when upgrading and downgrading.

If it wouldn’t work, that should be reported as a bug and not just accepted as “it is what it is”.

This attitude that I often see on this forum is dangerous and damaging of the project. If you read the topic again, I came trying to provide data and being available to provide more info if needed. The only answers I have received are at best generic and at worse incorrect.

I am sorry if you felt mistreated by my tone. I felt ignored and patronized instead.

Thanks Moin, I see that discourse have its own definition for the word “stable”.

Happy for you.

I’ll suggest my company to implement the same approach and when clients come complaining that the released version have issues, tell them that “stable” for us is just “works on our test environment”. I’m sure it’ll work great.

For whoever else might stumble upon this topic in the future. Downgrading to v3.2.5 resolved all issues, at least I haven’t seen any error in the requests in the past 4 hours and none of the users reported the issue as well.

I am sorry I was not “useful” to you :thinking: I think that would only be a valid complaint if you were paying me to solve your problem, which you are not.

I have no idea where your problem came from. If I had, I would have told you.

Fact is that I have updated many, many hundreds of forums to 3.3.0 and up and I did not came across this issue a single time, so this seems more like a configuration issue than a bug.

Nevertheless, I was happy to help you with your configuration issue, but before I could, you said you were going back to latest stable. When I warned you, you basically said you didn’t care. In my experience, many issues come from actions like this that happened in the past and they can surface even after many years, so I felt like I should warn you (again) for that. I even put in a smiley.

I understand your frustration, but I am not accepting anything as “it is what it is” and I do not understand why you are accusing me of that. If you still think that anything I said is “damaging to the project”, feel free to elaborate in a PM. no, on second thoughts, don’t. It’s your problem then and not mine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.