Make #plugin "wiki by default"

I think it may make sense to turn on the “Make new topics wikis by default” setting on in the #plugin category here on meta. If the plugin has any legs, you’ll invariably need to update the first post a number of times over the course of its life.

It will also allow for some useful non-technical contributions from long-term / power users of a plugin. I want to start asking such users to help me out by updating the “product” description.

12 Likes

Done, but we need to work through old topics @jomaxro can you clean this up

6 Likes

Just checking, by “clean this up” you want me to make all existing #plugin topics wiki?

3 Likes

All topics in the #plugin category are now wiki. This was only applied to the plugin category, not any of the subcategories.

Thanks @joebuhlig for the SQL command, saved me some time writing it from scratch :smiley:.

3 Likes

My pleasure. You don’t know how many times I’ve referred to that topic. :wink:

2 Likes

Was it intentional to have closed topics wikified? eg.

It was not, good catch. I didn’t add any validation to the command, it was applied to all topics. I’ll do a quick manual review and “un-wiki” closed topics.

Edit: That’s done. Certain closed plugin topics (like Ads) are still wiki. They’re closed to prevent further replies when a subcategory (ie. #plugin:advertising) exists, not to indicate the plugin is closed/broken.

3 Likes