Markdown for image resize by px, not percent

(Ted Thibodeau Jr) #1

Quick image resizing and markdown image dimensions talked about the new “Ninja :crossed_swords: feature” to add ,25% for image scaling.

That’s great, if you know the percentage that results in the px you want, and if you have consistently sized or few embedded images.

It’s not so great if you have a number of images of somewhat varying original size and you want them all to scale to (for instance) 250px width.

Changing a number of such images from markdown to HTML markup is also painful.

Any chance this Ninja feature could be enhanced to accept % or px specifications for the scaling?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

That is already supported:

![very good|25x19](//discourse-meta.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/0/3/03741c9f3eafd7fc8ccd791a6971a2c0d52783e4.jpg)

produces

very good

while

![very good|250x190](//discourse-meta.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/0/3/03741c9f3eafd7fc8ccd791a6971a2c0d52783e4.jpg)

produces

very good

(Régis Hanol) #3

You can’t just specify the width though.

(Ted Thibodeau Jr) #4

I had misunderstood the meaning of the |250x190]. I thought that was meant to convey the size of the original, not that it was meant as a scaling.

(Is there one place to look to find documentation of all Markdown-for-Discourse?)

But yes, my wish here is to specify the width to scale to, and have the height be scaled proportionally.

(Sam Saffron) #5

I am pretty warm to adding support for:

|250x] and |x190] in fact I like this little bit of ninja so much that I will get the change slotted. @pmusaraj can you add this support?

(Penar Musaraj) #7

This is now done and in tests-passed.