Material Design Stock Theme

Facing this problem. How should I update the theme?

Go to

your.site.com/admin/customize/themes/

Look for the Material Design Theme. Click on it and then hit the update button

5 Likes

@Johani, can you give me any hint here? I’m trying to replicate reply button on mobile view as a floating button

.create{
position: fixed;
z-index: 101;
bottom: 45px;
right: 15px;
border-radius: 100%;
height: 60px;
span{
    display: none;
}

}

Its working, but if I made this change both icons here (in editor and reply) will be missing.

2222 44333

The scoping of your CSS is a bit too broad. It’s applying the styling to all of the reply buttons within the topic. I think the reply button you would want to use is the one located in the footer button section of the topic.

Try using #topic-footer-buttons .create instead of just .create

So based on the code you provided:

#topic-footer-buttons .create {
    position: fixed;
    z-index: 101;
    bottom: 45px;
    right: 15px;
    border-radius: 100%;
    height: 60px;
    span {
        display: none;
    }
}
5 Likes

Can someone post the CSS code needed to remove the category column from the Desktop latest page and place the category beneath the topic title? This has been rolled out in the default Discourse theme and I’d like to set it for my forum that has a Material theme. More about the change here: The topic list doesn't need a category column

You don’t need any CSS for that to work. The only thing you need to do is update your Discourse instance and it should work right away.

7 Likes

Right on. I was under the impression my version was the latest because in the Dashboard I was shown that I had the latest version but when I went into the /upgrade menu there were updates available.

2 Likes

The dashboard will only say out of date when a new release (beta) is available. We add new code daily (hourly, really), so if we showed out of date for any new code you’d always be out of date :smiley:.

6 Likes

Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone knows how I can remove the blue shadow? I just can’t find in css lol.

This will get rid of the blue shadow on inputs, however you may want to consider changing it to a more subtle color rather than removing it altogether since it is there to indicate that the input has focus. I’ve left in commented lines that include colors. You can uncomment them if you want to play around with it.

input[type="text"]:focus, 
input[type="password"]:focus, 
input[type="datetime"]:focus, 
input[type="datetime-local"]:focus, 
input[type="date"]:focus, 
input[type="month"]:focus, 
input[type="time"]:focus, 
input[type="week"]:focus, 
input[type="number"]:focus, 
input[type="email"]:focus, 
input[type="url"]:focus, 
input[type="search"]:focus, 
input[type="tel"]:focus, 
input[type="color"]:focus {
    border-color: unset; 
    box-shadow: none;
    //border-color: #F55764;
    //box-shadow: 0 0 6px 0 #F55764;

}
5 Likes

Hi,

This is my forum : https://forum.lepeuplier.ca/

How to change the color of the “+” button without using .btn .fa ? Because it changes all the button with a color background.

Thanks.

2 Likes

@Fraffel_Media I can’t reproduce the issue you’re describing. It’s possible that it’s caused by some separate styles on your site.

@FrancoisD I pushed a few fixes:

Thanks for reporting the issue :+1:

8 Likes

Hi there, is it possible to change the Floating button icon from a plus to “pen”?
Also, how do you do to have the “new topic” and the button at the same time on mobile?

Really impressive work! Congrats!

Tested it today, didn’t work. :pensive:

1 Like

thema [meta]

iPhone 6S
iOS 12

is not an image of the instagram but a image, the topic as an example:

Windows 10
Chrome

The staff notice needs some layout :heart:.

3 Likes

css to leave the old button? “NEW TOPIC”

exemple: novo%20topico