Merging two posts with a new "merge" feature does not update posts in place as expected

After merging the two posts as on the following screenshot:

1. One is marked as removed, which is expected.
  2. The second one is not auto-updated with the new, merged, content. The update can only be seen on page reload.

Hope it hasn’t been reported elsewhere yet.

3 Likes

You are merging a deleted post with another post? I am not sure that’s supported.

No, I’m merging two non-deleted posts. The screenshot is the state after
merging.

So what you’re reporting is that everything works fine, the staff member simply has to refresh the page?

Yes. However, it is seen as a bug by staff members, because the page does get updated automatically, but only partially: some of the messages get deleted (highlighted in red immediately), but the other (last) message gets no updated. Thus it looks like you just removed a few messages and this is it… until you refresh the page and realize the messages were merged.

2 Likes

@adrapereira Let me know if you know what might be going on? :slight_smile: Otherwise, I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

I’ll be very busy until next week, so if this isn’t very urgent I can take a look then.

2 Likes

Np I’ll have a look into this.

3 Likes

Submitted a PR first as I needed to introduce a new extension to our PostRevisor class.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/4380

4 Likes