Merging two posts with a new "merge" feature does not update posts in place as expected

(Anton) #1

After merging the two posts as on the following screenshot:

1. One is marked as removed, which is expected.
  2. The second one is not auto-updated with the new, merged, content. The update can only be seen on page reload.

Hope it hasn’t been reported elsewhere yet.

(Jeff Atwood) #2

You are merging a deleted post with another post? I am not sure that’s supported.

(Anton) #3

No, I’m merging two non-deleted posts. The screenshot is the state after
merging.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

So what you’re reporting is that everything works fine, the staff member simply has to refresh the page?

(Anton) #5

Yes. However, it is seen as a bug by staff members, because the page does get updated automatically, but only partially: some of the messages get deleted (highlighted in red immediately), but the other (last) message gets no updated. Thus it looks like you just removed a few messages and this is it… until you refresh the page and realize the messages were merged.

(Alan Tan) #6

@adrapereira Let me know if you know what might be going on? :slight_smile: Otherwise, I’ll take a look.

(Andre Pereira) #7

I’ll be very busy until next week, so if this isn’t very urgent I can take a look then.

(Alan Tan) #8

Np I’ll have a look into this.

(Alan Tan) #9

Submitted a PR first as I needed to introduce a new extension to our PostRevisor class.

(Alan Tan) #10