Message 'receiver' not in view until they reply

Hi!

When sending a message to someone, the interface only shows the subject line, not the receiver.

That had me stymied for a bit, until i mailed ‘myself’ (other account) and realised the user doesn’t appear until they reply. While that makes sense in the ‘forum section’, it doesn’t really make sense in the message section: it doesn’t provide any information. Finding a message back means you have to open them until you get the right one.

i know what my work-around is going to be (use the @name in the subject line), but a message typically has a specific recipient. Can this be reflected on the screen?

thanks!

on a sidenote: people are replying to those messages via email, which i’m sure is very convenient to them - but not so much for me. is there a setting to prevent that? thanks!

3 Likes

Replies via email should arrive as normal Discourse replies, provided you’ve configured incoming email support, or are hosted by us. Otherwise I’m not sure what you mean?

1 Like

Then I must have my settings wrong, because replies show up in my email inbox, but not in my discourse-messages.

Where would I adjust this?

Thanks!

See Set up Reply via Email Support ✉

4 Likes

It works! Thanks for your help!!

2 Likes