Messages user to admin are blocked

Hi,

we heave issues with messaging Admin to common user. When we try to send message from common user to admin , we get message “You cant send message to this user”.
Is it possible to set it up or fix in admin panel?

2 Likes

I would first check to see if the admin has checked the “Allow other users to send me personal messages” setting in their messaging preferences (under /my/preferences/notifications).

Then I would see if the min trust to send messages site setting might be set in such a way that it is preventing the user from sending a message. If it is, you can either lower it (and potentially risk users getting spam), or you can take a look at the solution that was added here: Allow TL0 to write messages to staff group, not to other members or non staff?

2 Likes

I recommend the solution provided above. If you don’t like it for some reason, you can use https://github.com/pfaffman/discourse-allow-pm-to-staff.

I’m going to encourage my client who’s using it to stop, but it was just updated to deal with some changed system setting names and I believe (but do not promise) that it’s reasonably unlikely to break any time soon.

3 Likes