I currently host my forum at AWS and want to migrate to Digital Ocean.
At AWS I have 1 CDN setup and use local storage for all images. I want to migrate to DO and make a number of “upgrades” to the setup.
At DO I plan to setup the following:
- 2 Containers for Web & Data: How to move from standalone container to separate web and data containers
- Migrate CDN to Faststack
- Setup Object Storage on spaces and Faststack for CDN: Using Object Storage for Uploads (S3 Clones)
Here is how I plan to do it.
- Setup everything on DO with test.example.com
- Ensure AWS and DO are running the same version of Discourse.
- Backup Discourse on AWS
4)Update DNS and rename
live.example.comper: Change the domain name or rename my Discourse?
- Restore AWS backup to new DO server.
I) Do these steps look correct?
II) When I restore the file, can I expect Discourse to upload the images to DO Spaces or will I need to run the following after restoring?