Migrate Vanilla w/ FileUpload to Discourse | Please Quote

Hey, I need the following:

1. Vanilla forum with FileUpload module and attached media migrated to discourse
  2. properly mapped 302’s in .htaccess file
  3. set up, or give me an idea of how to setup a latest posts widget in Magento
    …edit to add:
  4. Lots of spam registrations in Vanilla need to be cleaned before migration

Vanilla is on Nexcess, Discourse on DigitalOcean, but I can move Vanilla to the same DigitalOcean droplet to ease migration of necessary.

I can pay through oDesk if you want, or PayPal directly.

The responce is a resounding, “No can do…”

OK, well… hmmm.

Well, here is an oDesk job offer for the migration… to those of you that work for Discourse, if you can do this project, I am willing to give you any code that you write for me.

In other words, I am willing to pay you to improve your Vanilla Forums importer script!

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Unfortunately we can only work within the constraints of a customer signing up for a business hosting plan ($200/month) and agreeing to a year of hosting up front.

OK, I guess the opening bid is $2400 :wink: Any others? By the way, Jeff, thanks for the post… that is exactly what I would do if I were in your shoes.

To others who might be able to do it for less than the above quote, I am not stuck on oDesk. I am happy to work directly with you any way you like. The oDesk offer is just for those that prefer to use oDesk.

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.