Migrating from uncategorized to "General"

Migration from uncategorized to General went well! All posts migrated. though I did find myself getting confused sometimes by the way Discourse refreshes itself when moving 30 posts at a time… probably not the proper way, but worked well enough.

Still having trouble with one category that is inaccessible for some strange reason, even though all of the posts show up. :thinking:

Converting categories with ~15 posts to tags turned out to be not painful at all when combined with reset bump date. :+1:

Disable did the trick! Great to have users choosing their categories, especially now that we’ve weeded it down to just a couple.

I’ll be interested to see if users choose to create more categories now, or perhaps turn to embracing tags instead. I still haven’t settled on the best method for restricting tags. Users (current 2+ trust) enjoy making up new tags, but it is really matter of clarifying our useful tagging system in a manner similar to how they are individually colored and displayed as sub-categories previously. Might split into an all new topic, but I’d love to add clearer descriptions and colors to our various tags / tag groups, much like… well… categories.

1 Like