Migration from FluxBB while preserving incoming links

I have the same question, and I’m bit confused about the answer. I’m also looking to do a sizeable FluxBB import.

I see there’s actually a discourse feature called “Permalinks” ( How to make a redirect URL in a Discourse install? - #4 by cpradio ) so we’re saying that by creating those things, discourse could take a FluxBB style URL such as “/viewtopic.php?id=((old topic id))” and redirect to “/t/((new topic slug))/((new topic id))”. Maybe likewise for individual posts in a topic? Likewise for user profile URLs. (So we’ll need many permalinks). I see the database table for Permalinks.

That sounds like a neat solution, but the FluxBB importer isn’t creating any permalinks. I can’t see any code for that. In fact I can’t see any code in any of the import_scripts for doing that (No mention of the “Permalink” ActiveRecord model).

I’d be happy to work on modifying the fluxbb importer to do this, but is there an example in one of the other importers?

The only thing I do see in the code along these lines, is the “LookupContainer” getting initialised and storing all the old ids and their corresponding new ids. Can this be used for creating lots of Permalink objects?