Missing release notes

Hi, I just want to say that I appreciated #release-notes a lot, and now that I miss them I appreciate them even more.

I just upgraded through 2.1.0.beta1 and 2.1.0.beta2 quite blindly, based on faith to the Discourse team, :slight_smile: not knowing what was I upgrading for, what will our users get. When we upgrade we post a summary of changes to our own users. This time we’ll have to leave it for later.

FWIW I tried to find out myself in GitHub but I didn’t manage to get diffs between betas. This is my fault for not trying hard enough but well, it just supports the argument of how much I miss your very informative and well explained and presented release notes. :sweat_smile:

If this sounds like a complaint, it is not. I have written release notes myself and is, well, a lot of work. It is a recognition and an encouragement to bring them back.

5 Likes

I would appreciate it too.

I know this is not a complete answer and you can see that release notes have been provided for interim releases before.

The release plans are typed up in the Releases Category if that helps: I assume ticks are showing when each feature is complete.

Not sure what @hawk and @erlend_sh have planned since Josh is out and usually does this. You should speak to them.

3 Likes

I will do the release note tomorrow morning.

15 Likes

Here Discourse 2.1.0 beta 2 Release Notes

13 Likes

Thank you so much. Your quick response (including a Sunday) is just impressive.

1 Like