I started to use mobile (phone, tablet) more and more on forums. As you post images or links, you want to check the preview, but I find the two step click a bit inconvenient.
Have read this topic, where feature was introduced:
I find this mini-hamburger menu as very hard to notice (discoverability issue) and find two click process as two much for such common feature. I see this on same level as insert image, which is available all the time.
I see following two options how to improve it:
- Show toolbar always
- Better discoverability for whole toolbar - I find that you can afford one additional line of vertical space for it on modern mobile devices.
- Mini-hamburger removed for better top bar (prevent misclick on colapse editor)
- Can move image button from bottom to toolbar to make it on same spot as others (consistency)
- Preview button could be moved in the place of image upload button - as it has impact on whole post, similar as other buttons below.
- Add preview button next to image upload
- Saves one click, improves discoverability
- Maybe confusing with image button next to it?
I think option 1. would greatly improve mobile editor.