Mobile keyboard hides composer using Microsoft Edge on Android

Recently I updated my Microsoft Edge browser to v101, and I find that the keyboard will hide the composer so that I cannot see what I am typing. This problem occurs on Edge higher than v101.0.1210.53. I can reproduce it on Meta, but I cannot know what’s wrong and how to fix.

2 Likes

Firefox on android is affected.

Interesting, I can reproduce this via BrowserStack on Firefox for Android 96.1.1, both here on meta and on a separate site that has last been deployed about a month ago.

Can you repro @Falco @Dax? If you can check both Edge and Firefox for Android, it would be great.

1 Like

No repro on Edge v. 101.0.1210.53

No repro on Firefox v. 100.3.0 (Build #2015881499)

EDIT: I can repro the issue on Firefox if I open the keyboard when I’m at the very bottom of the page

4 Likes

I can not replicate on Edge or Firefox using Moto G50

Even when trying

Tested on Meta and local dev.

4 Likes

Can reproduce on meta.discourse.org and other forums.

Here’s an example of me replicating this bug (on devforum.roblox.com):

2 Likes

I have this problem, too (using Edge on Android). This essentially makes discourse unusable on mobile.

1 Like

Hey @lassoan If you scroll up slightly, the composer takes the screen and you can use it as normal so it doesn’t necessarily make it useless, it just makes it a nuisance.

For me it is not just a nuisance. I cannot make the editor and the keyboard appear at the same time. No matter where I scroll, the keyboard always occludes the editor. I need to type completely blind.

2 Likes

I have a proposed fix up at FIX: Better virtual keyboard detect on Android by xfalcox · Pull Request #17200 · discourse/discourse · GitHub but there is a upstream Chromium bug that I need to wait to be fixed before merging it.

5 Likes