Moderator unable to move post to new topic when user has reached first day limit

So @SidV just posted a new support topic about this issue here. His issue was how to get around the new-user restrictions as an admin. As discussed previously in this thread, I have 2 primary thoughts on this issue.

1. Admins/moderators should not be prevented from completing a staff action because it would violate a user’s rate-limiting. If I am staff on a site, and I want to move something, I should be able to move it, regardless of the user’s current status.
  2. Almost all restrictions on users can be removed by a mod/admin by increasing their TL. However, there is a apparently a separate first-day-user limit, and there does not appear to be a way to “excuse” a user from that setting. The suggestion to modify the site setting is not a good idea. Why should I increase the threshold for all first-day users (some of which could be spammers) when I should be able to just remove the restrictions from one user (who is following all the rules, being helpful, and prevented from continuing to do so…).
4 Likes