Modified wp-discourse to choose category per post

With wp-discourse you can only select one discourse category in which your posts get published. In our context we have multiple categories we want to use and to be able to select that per post; blog posts to Blog, and product posts to Products.

I modified wp-discourse to add the category drop down on the publish meta box, and used it as the published discourse category. I have my code on github, I think its a neat idea and I would like your feedback. Check it out:

11 Likes

Very nice. Loads of people have been asking for this. You’ll get the best feedback if you create pull requests for the main repository.

6 Likes

https://github.com/discourse/wp-discourse/pull/147

:thumbsup:

4 Likes

Nice work. Definitely something I was looking for.

1 Like

:sunglasses: Let me know if there are any bugs. I also added a field in the options that allows you to force update the category list (Just something I needed while I was setting up a new test discourse site). But I am not sure if its the best way to go about it, or if its needed.

Would greatly appreciate it if you could get around to the last bit of formatting fixes required to get the PR approved.

1 Like

yes. i am eagerly awaiting this to be merged as well. also an up rev would be nice so github updater picks it up.

1 Like

@paxmanchris is this still being worked on. Would love to see this get merged.

@paxmanchris +1 - it’s exactly what I’m looking for to properly integrate Discourse as a discussion platform.