Modify new topic editor grey guide text/copy (per category)

Hi can the text below be changed per topic category?

You can customize it via the admin section of the forum, but it will appear the same for all the categories, not only let’s say for #uncategorized

1 Like

I was afraid that was the answer, and was hoping a category-specific method was available.

1 Like

However, there is something you might find useful. If you create a custom template for a specific category, the “Type here. Use…” will not appear and instead, what you have set as a template will appear. Although the template is something that users can delete, I always find it very useful and members very helpful, as it helps them get to know the purpose of the category.

1 Like

I know about that, but then the user needs to type over, or erase that text/copy, which creates a different type of confusion.

1 Like

All the users though get to read the template, whereas the grey guide text can barely been seen, not because there is an issue with it, just because some users type fast and once they type a letter, the guide disappears. Just my 2 cents. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well yes fundamentally it is difficult to get people to do things they either don’t want to do, or don’t care about :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.