Modify the URL of 'create your account' button to an external site

Modify the URL of ‘create your account’ button to an external site, such as https://meta.discourse.org/

1 Like

You’ll need to integrate your site with SSO. See:

Once you have SSO working correctly, disable all other methods of registration and login (e.g. local logins) that way, your sign up and login buttons will automatically take you to the sso server for authentication.

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice,but I just want to modify the URL of the button to ’create your account‘

1 Like

What Bhanu said is correct. If you want to change the link that loads when one clicks the Create your account button, the simplest way is using an external auth system.

If I may ask, why do you want to edit the URL? Maybe if you shared what you are looking to do, it would make it easier to give you a solution.

2 Likes

The scene is like this,I hope the user can create an account on the external site. Now the modification has been completed in other places. Next, I want to modify the URL of ‘create your account’ button to an external site, Guide users to external account creation site to complete account creation

1 Like

But how will the user authenticate with discourse when the account doesn’t exist in discourse database and there is no way for discourse to recognize the user.

3 Likes

I have finished data migration , and the user authentication method is the same as that of discourse,
Now, I just want to modify the URL of ‘create your account’ button to an external site

1 Like

If you can understand my goal, please help me

1 Like

No, the goal is still unclear. The link should be modifiable through a theme component but I doubt that it’ll work like that.

1 Like

Is there any similar code that can modify the URL link of the ‘create your account’ button

1 Like