How to add a custom url text link on the login page

hello everyone,I want to know how to add a custom url text link on the login page,Could you help me?

2 Likes

Here are some places to start: Developer’s guide to Discourse Themes, Theme Developer Quick Reference Guide, Adding to plugin-outlets using a theme.

2 Likes

In addition to what Jay shared, adding a link to the login page requires some advanced web dev skills as you’d need to add/edit plugin outlets via a theme. The links Jay shared explained the concepts and give some examples on how to do this. Once you go through them, can you come back if you have some more questions?

Also, if you have a visual mockup of what you want to do, someone may just have the code or the theme component you need.

2 Likes

I’ve read the guide
I already know where to customize the code
I want to know the simplest code that can go straight to the target
For example, add an external URL button link next to the log in button
Or Modify ’create your account‘ links to external websites

For example, add a link button next to the log in button by adding a code similar to the following

1 Like

I’m happy to pay close attention to and support Discourse
By adding some simple code,I want to modify ’create your account‘ button’s url links to external websites, Can you help me?

I see you’ve re-asked this question in a different topic: Modify the URL of 'create your account' button to an external site so I’ll go ahead to close this one.

1 Like

Maybe what your really want is to use DiscourseConnect - Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso)?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 61 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.