Multiple Mail Receivers for Multiple Discourse Instances

Dear Discourse devs, Discourse has enabled multiple domains and multiple discourse instances for many years but there is no way to direct incoming emails to multiple mail-receivers/domains in all of those years. Can we make this happen? Reply-by-email does not work without costly polling for multi-site discourse.

best regards,
-Walker

1 Like

Not following exactly, we do support multiple incoming mailboxes now.

@martin is there documentation somewhere we can link to?

We have this Set up Reply via Email Support ✉ and also SMTP support for group inboxes but I’m not sure if either of those solve the OP’s problem. I think OP is talking about accepting incoming emails via GitHub - discourse/mail-receiver and directing them to multiple sites? Maybe I am misreading though, can you provide more details of what you want to achieve @Walker_Blackwell ?

2 Likes

I guess they’re talking about discourse deployment as multisite and support for incoming emails per site.

E.g.

discourse1.example.com & discourse2.example.com are hosted as a multisite and OP wants to receive incoming emails for both domains using mail-receiver container instead of relying on any external mailbox.

2 Likes

Exactly. The mail-receiver is only supportive of one domain/site however everything else is multi-domain/site.

It would be ideal to support multi-site multi-receiver.

-Walker