Is it possible to have multiple incoming email domains?

Hi there!

I’m wondering if it’s possible to set multiple authorized incoming email domains for Discourse?

I’ve set up my instance to allow incoming emails from @hub.bebettertogether.ca, but I am hoping to allow our partners to set up specific incoming email domains for the categories and groups that they manage on our site. For example, one of our partners is a community organization with their own domain name and if we give them a category to manage their support requests with, it would be best if their members can email an address on their own domain instead of the base domain for the platform.

I realize that this is more easily done if I set up multisite and give each partner their own DB and URL, but the domain auth is an ENV config for the mail-receiver container as well as an admin config for the app itself, so I’m not sure what the best approach would be.

Any suggestions?

Have them configure their Neil server to forward the email sent to xxx@yyy to any address on your domain. Then configure the group for xxx@yyy.

1 Like

A new development has me revisiting this topic and asking our community for help.

I would like to convert my standalone Discourse instance to a multisite setup. I am currently using the mail receiver to handle incoming emails for my instance, but I haven’t found any existing guides on how to set up the mail receiver with multiple mailboxes to send mail to each separate Discourse instance.

Does anyone know how to set up multiple mailboxes with the mail receiver container for the multisite setup?

1 Like

I’ve thing I’ve done is run multiple containers on their own ipv6. Then you need some way to relay ipv4 to them for those who can’t send to ipv6.