Multiple paywalls with common communication hub

Hi All

I’m new here so just getting into the possibility of the discourse platform. I wanted to see if it was possible to set up essentially a membership program where users could interact on a few common topics and then also have multiple paywalls that protect content until the user has paid to access it…

I know that there are paywall options for access to the system… what I’m looking to do is protect access to channels until they have been paid for.

1 Like

You might be interested in this plugin:

cc @justin

7 Likes

@david that looks perfect many thanks!

2 Likes

Matt: my current plan is to sell access to different groups via my usual payment processor (SendOwl), and then use Zapier to add people to a course-only group when they buy the relevant course.

3 Likes

ohh wow I didnt realize that Zapier had a Discourse integration… have you been able to implement the system yet? Curious how it’s going

2 Likes

I haven’t launched yet. But the plan is to create categories that only group members can participate in, and then set up my payment processor to tag buyers in my email system (ConvertKit). Zapier will then (I hope) add each person to the relevant group in Discourse. Fingers crossed!

I’m working off this example:

2 Likes

Ahh that is interesting… When do you feel you will have a test version of it finished? I am just getting things st up now but I think this is one of the first things that I will test

2 Likes

I’ll try and do it later this week. It’s great to have a deadline!

2 Likes

hahah making it happen! are you using your own Discourse instance?

1 Like

I think so? I am hosting it on digital ocean using the standard instructions.

1 Like