My website is always down

server error
when trying to load /latest.json?ascending=false
Error code: 500 error

This page is not working www.dexforum.com.br is currently unable to fulfill this request.
HTTP 500 ERROR

Why is this happening? How to solve?

1 Like

Your error message says No space left on device and the system info shows 100.0% of 49.29GB used.

You’ll have to increase your droplet size or see what is currently on it that’s using all the space.

2 Likes

I thought that the site content was automatically deleted from the server, how do I see what is causing all this size?

1 Like

There’s some good info on how to look after your server in How do I manually update Discourse and Docker image to latest?

2 Likes

Thanks for showing me this step by step but when I use the command cd /var/discourse git pull ./launcher rebuild app aparece isso Device "docker0" does not exist. Cannot connect to the docker daemon - verify it is running and you have access

1 Like

It sounds like your app is stopped. Try ./launcher start app, and that should bring back your pre-rebuild version.

cd /var/discourse
./launcher start app

Don’t run ./launcher cleanup unless your app is running, otherwise it will remove that as well.

3 Likes

another error happened, omg, I didn’t even know about those

root@forummaisvc:/var/discourse# ./launcher start app
Device “docker0” does not exist.
Cannot connect to the docker daemon - verify it is running and you have access

1 Like

I used the command df -h What can I delete? And what command do I use to delete a specific thing?

1 Like

Try:

cd /var/discourse
./launcher restart app
1 Like

it’s returns this to me =(

1 Like

Jim is still right…
I’d try sudo apt autoremove --purge then sudo systemctl start docker and .\launcher start app and then maybe .\launcher cleanup (with some backup made beforehand)

3 Likes

I tried these codes you gave me and it gives me some errors! I don’t know what else to do, my forum is down for days, I’m desperate

1 Like

I always get a bit nervous about suggesting deleting things to create space. Is there a beginner-friendly step-by-step for targeting maybe the extra back-up files, or some orphaned images?

3 Likes

not even enough space to apt autoremove :fearful:

Oh yes, all proportion kept I feel a bit like

maybe sudo apt autoclean first
and for a fistfust of Ko sudo find /var/log -type f -iname *.gz -delete
then try again sudo apt autoremove
and finally sudo systemctl start docker
sudo /var/discourse/./launcher start app
sudo /var/discourse/./launcher cleanup

2 Likes

what is dock Daemon? how install it? @Benjamin_D @JammyDodger

1 Like

I’m afraid you currently don’t have enough space to start docker, which you would need to then run ./launcher cleanup (which would be the preferred way to tidy up any old containers/images leftover from previous rebuilds). Ideally, you’d also want your site to be live (./launcher start app) before you run it, so you have a fallback if anything goes awry with the rebuild.

I haven’t had a site that’s 100% full, so it’s a little unclear to me what may or may not work (autoclean and autoremove not being able to run, for instance). @Benjamin_D Do you know if it’s still possible to manually remove some files to free up a bit of space to get the ball rolling? eg.

cd /var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default dir

Copy the oldest file name, and then paste to remove it eg:

rm jammydodger-s-test-site-2022-04-12-033748-v20220407195246.tar.gz

Or possibly check for orphaned images and remove one or more of those:

docker images

Though it’s probably also worth mentioning that if your site has a lot of user uploads it may be that you simply need to resize. But if you haven’t done any server maintainence since you started, there’s a good chance a tidy up should tide you over for a while.

2 Likes

I think I’d aim at logs before anything more “app related”

sudo journalctl --rotate
sudo journalctl --vacuum-time=1s

2 Likes

I don’t know anything, but I would do first the most obvious thing: checking out if docker is on at all — as it says all the time:

systemctl status docker

2 Likes

I found this topic with a similar issue:

1 Like

@JammyDodger @Benjamin_D

Thanks for helping me and answering me!

I thought Discourse deleted files automatically!

How do I see which files are crowding my storage? And which files can I delete?

Do I do this using command or can I go to the forum settin

1 Like