I was curious on what others think… my mind has been concerned with chat integrations based on tags triggering actions, and groups moderating things.
Looking over n8n current integrations, a few things come to mind. This post on integrating IFTTT is really helpful for triggering Posts, Topics and PM’s.
It would be awesome if a trigger could also relate to tags.
Integration might currently allow:
- Custom Chat Notifications to unsupported services
- Custom RSS feeds
- Migrate Trello cards / boards to Discourse
- Federate Posts, Topics, PM’s to Mastodon / Pleroma / ActivityPub
- Creation of a particular Topic triggers a new chat room to be opened in Matrix and linked back as a Post.
- Creation of a Topic on my Discourse causes the Topic to be posted on your Discourse as well.
One of the most interesting aspects of automation is it allows 2-way communication. Trello could be running in addition to the Kanban component on Discourse, continuously communicating. Or a conversation mirroring between Slack and Discourse. Hope this helps get the ideas flowing.