Navigating between Discourse fora on DiscourseHub

I recently remembered that I could install iOS’s DiscourseHub on macOS on a new laptop. It looks a little odd, but that doesn’t really matter—it’s a great way of managing multiple fora at the same time.

However, I find myself longing for ways of navigating into and out of, or between, different sites. I love the in-site keyboard shortcuts. Is there a way to exit a site and go back to the DiscourseHub “hub” with the keyboard?

If not, consider this a feature request. Thanks Discourse team!

3 Likes

That’s a nice suggestion (and thanks for using the mobile app on macOS).

Maybe we can add ⌘ + 1/2/3 etc to switch quickly between sites in your list? And ⌘ + W to close?

4 Likes

That’d certainly work for me! Close would even be enough… the current setup involves moving the pointer all the way to the top of the window to get out of the current community, which can be very awkward in a tall window.

2 Likes

There is a beta version of the app at https://testflight.apple.com/join/5CUCQhCq that includes this feature.

If no issues pop up, my plan is to release this version next week in the App Store.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m in.

cmd+1/2/3… is working, but cmd+w closes the app window itself.

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting. There is a new beta in review that should fix that issue. ⌘+W will dismiss the currently opened forum, otherwise if you’re on the app’s home screen, it’ll dismiss the whole window (as it does on macOS apps in general) it will do nothing.

Thanks for testing.

4 Likes

Success! It’s beautiful. Thank you.

(Aside: TestFlight on the Mac. Finally. So great.)

2 Likes

DiscourseHub 1.8.2 includes this feature and is now available in the App Store.