New forum instance. Unable to change colors

Working on a new instance and no matter what I change the color palette too, it stays the same. Its not a cache issue as every browser its doing the same and paused cloudflare.

Ive created a blank theme and changed palette. Created copy of the palette. Not sure what the issue is. On a digital ocean droplet.

Have you tried using the theme preview?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 3.49.28 PM

In order for this to work you need to:

1. have a theme that uses the custom color palette and
  2. be using that theme.

(Just want to eliminate this as the problem before anything else.)

2 Likes

yes and theme preview doesnt show any changes either.

Just did a server reboot and still nothing.

if I install another theme such as graceful, the theme changes change except the colors dont. it doesnt show the graceful color scheme just design. cant change to any other color palettes as well.

Ok so the only way its changing is to go back to the wizard and choose the new color palette I want. Otherwise nothings working.

My guess is that you are displaying one pallete and changing another.

2 Likes

Make sure you are not on a Dark theme and editing a Clear one, for example.

1 Like

Fresh instance. Default theme. Changing palette was all. Not hard. Just not working. Only added a second theme when nothing worked with the first to check it,

nope. and changing palettes in the theme should make the theme work with the other palette. if its saved to a different one then it should show the colors of the different one.

What? I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re trying to say.

Hm yeah this seems strange

Just to make sure: once you created the copy of the palette, did you set the new palette to be used on the theme?

1 Like

Adding on here, did you set the pallet to be used in your user preferences?

1 Like

Yep. New palette was set.

1 Like

user preferences for theme was all default and this was set as default not where the user chooses. I also check the forum from a different browser that is logged out so i can see what a logged out user sees.

Everything was set as it should be. Nothing actually worked until I reran the wizard and selected color palette from there. setting it normally and rebuilding the app did nothing for it. for logged in or logged out user.

1 Like