New topic map causing infinite-loading loop

I also noticed this. It does not happen at another forum that was updated 10 days ago. I have the impression it’s because of the topic map at the bottom, that already shows after post 20.

4 Likes

I just upgraded a forum and it’s doing this too. After you scroll down a few times it just continues to scroll as if the space bar or page down is being held down and it pulls in 20 at a time until it gets to the bottom of the page. This now seems like a pretty big bug.

I don’t know if that’s what’s causing the problem, but users of this forum also complained about the duplicate topic map.

1 Like

We had an issue introduced on Monday, which was resolved by this commit earlier today. That’s live on Meta, so should resolve the issue @Moin recorded.

@pfaffman if you upgrade your forum again, the scrolling issue should be resolved.

Best to post that feedback over in Feedback on our simplified topic map experiment

5 Likes

It’s still the same

3 Likes

Oh I’m sorry, you’re right! The issue is fixed in core, but Meta is running behind tests-passed at the moment. I’ll see about getting it deployed :eyes:

6 Likes

Looks like it’s fixed (on the site that I just upgraded). Thanks.

8 Likes

This fix was deployed to meta around 2024-07-25T18:45:00Z

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 36 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.