New Topic window hidden underneath header

https://forum.flowster.app/

We just noticed this today. When you click “New Topic” the popup is hidden underneath our header:

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

1 Like

Is this affecting all users on your site? If not, the problem could be that Discourse remembers the height that you last set the composer to on a device. This can cause problems if you have multiple monitors with different heights. If this is the cause of the problem, opening your browser’s web inspector and using it to set the height of #reply-control.open to 300px !important should fix the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks Simon!

That temporarily fixes it, but when I close Chrome DevTools the problem reoccurs. How can I fix it permanently? Also if this happens to a random user, who isn’t tech-savvy, they’re not going to be able to fix it … is there a better, more user-friendly solution?

We also just noticed for an admin user, this happening:

1 Like

If this is happening frequently, then it might be caused by a customization or a plugin that you have on your site - it’s not very easy to get the editor into this state with normal use of Discourse. Can you try loading you site in safe-mode by going to https://forum.flowster.app/safe-mode and clicking the Enter Safe Mode button? See if that solves the issue. You may need to open dev tools again to get Discourse to forget the previous height of the editor.

3 Likes

Unfortunately Safe Mode is still doing the same thing with the New Topic popup.

2 Likes

It seems to be happening with multiple users in multiple browsers (Chrome + FireFox).

I also just signed up a new test user and it’s happening to them, too. Not sure if that helps :slight_smile: I know these things can be tough to troubleshoot.

1 Like

That’s quite strange. I created an account on your site and the composer is opening at the normal height for me. What browser and operating system are you using?

2 Likes

Yes, this is strange. It sounds like it’s my entire computer, not even a particular browser.

Linux Mint 19 w/

• Chrome 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • FireFox 69.0.1 (64-bit)

FYI the New Topic works fine in FireFox, but there’s the admin menu issue that I screenshoted above.

This has already been reposted by another user:

1 Like

Ok so perhaps it’s just a Chrome issue for me then. Maybe something to do with one of my extensions …

My online version d0390fba3e has same issue when using Chrome zoom in/out. But the meta forum is fine to me, so I think is the last recent updated cause it?

And the last version e0d2b403a4 on my development environment seem already fixed.

1 Like

The latest version of Discourse seems to have fixed this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.