News Plugin šŸ“°

Yes! Maybe this already exists or there is a workaround. I might be using the wrong terms. Maybe RSS isnā€™t the best approach ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ Hereā€™s the use case, and maybe you can help me translate it into ā€œwhat Iā€™m actually needingā€ā€¦ and Iā€™ll add one variation from my last messageā€¦

We want to have articles automatically coming into our community ā€œNewsā€ category, as individual new Discourse Topic for each news article. This would be the main content, and then users could click a link or somethinbg to ā€œRead moreā€¦ā€ or ā€œKeep readingā€ which would take them to the news source, and then beneath that OP topic, users would be able to comment and discuss the news article.

@codinghorror gave some great sentiment here, which makes me thinkā€¦ we donā€™t want EVERY news article from the RSS feed to be automatially posted. We want them to automatically come into discourse, but maybe create a ā€œDraftā€ or ā€œhiddenā€ topic that cannot be seen. Then our inner circle of moderators could determin which articles they want to toggle as visible to the community (or publish it). They could also delete the articles that feels spammy and that they donā€™t think people will like.

Thoughts?

3 Likes