Newsletter-like threads and assigning watch-level for users?

So I wasn’t sure where to put this, so here it is. :blush:

I’m sort of entertaining the idea of replacing the newsletter of an organisation I work with for discourse. We’ve already talked about using some sort of 2-way communication in addition to the newsletter. I have been thinking of maillists before, but the users mostly dislike computers as it is, I think discourse would be a good fit (at least much better than ML’s). :smiley:

So, is it possible to have a category or thread that works like a newsletter? I.e. when someone posts there (write access would need to be controlled) the post is sent out to all users, or some @ groups or other. :question:

Optionally it could work by forcing users to watch the category/thread, but that may be a bit too hard on them.

I welcome all thoughts and suggestions on the matter. :heart: :smiley:

I believe this is the only way to do it at the moment. Forcing “watching first post” on a write-protected category might be better because they’ll get the initial post notification but not every reply?

6 Likes

Allright, I’m trying to set up a test discourse. That would at least cover minimum requirements :smiley:

Thank you :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.