No option appears to choose better answer

You need to SSH into your server, and edit your app.yml file (it’s just a text file)

It is located in /var/discourse/containers/.

1 Like

I’m a little layman on this, if I pass SSH access, would you do it for me? Haha

I can’t, but if you post in #marketplace someone might be able to help

1 Like

Use this eating to access?

cd /var/discourse

/containers/app.yml

This is not working :confused:

You are missing a command there.

cd /var/discourse
sudo nano containers/app.yml
2 Likes

What do I do next?

Scroll to the bottom (using Page Dn), till you see the last - git clone ... command

Then add a new line, use spaces to ensure your - lines up (must be spaces, do not use tab) and paste the new git clone command
git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-solved.git

Then press CTRL + X, answer Y to save, press enter again (I think), then once at the console run
sudo ./launcher rebuild app

4 Likes

This might help:

3 Likes

I did what you taught me, the site went offline, is it normal?

Yes, it will go offline during a rebuild. It will be back up once the rebuild completes.

1 Like

Did you appreciate it, installed correctly?

Would seem not, it seems your app.yml has an invalid character in it. On line 98. You can use nano to edit it again, and press CTRL + C to see what line your cursor is on. Find line 98 and take a screenshot of that area. If there is any sensitive info, such as passwords or email addresses, be sure to use an editing tool to blur them out.

1 Like

I did what you mentioned, that’s what happened!

I think what @cpradio meant was to go back into your app.yml file as per above

1 Like

The site is still offline, will I miss it?:disappointed_relieved:

I understand that you want to get your site up and running as fast as possible. But if you are a newbee in this kind of stuff (like myself), you need to take your time and carefully read and follow instructions.

And although instructions are often written in a very step by step manner (thank you to all tutorial writers :+1:) I suggest you also try to understand (at a basic level) what you are actually doing in each step. That takes a bit longer but will safe you time and hassle in the long run, because you gradually get knowledgeable in what you’re doing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take more care when running something, but you need the solution plugin.

Can you please run

sudo nano /var/discourse/containers/app.yml

Find Line 98 and post a screenshot here. Be sure to blur out any sensitive info in the screenshot.

2 Likes

I was able to install, thanks for the help!

The plugins are active, but the solution icon still does not appear

You need to enable it in each category’s settings. Have another read through the plugin’s thread I linked earlier

7 Likes