non-Persian numbers in <li> of a Persian forum

after the new common mark have been installed, the list numbers are becoming English in our forum which is Persian. that is:

1. if you want to start a numbered-list, you should first change the language of your keyboard and type the number and switch back to Persian. this is needed for all the numbered item in a list.

2. after you have created your topic, the numbers in the list are shown in English. there’s no way to select the numbers and change the font, or at least I couldn’t find any div regarding the numbers.

can anyone hint me what to do? (the first problem is not that good, and make users to escape from creating numbered list).

2 Likes

Can you apply CSS to give it list-style-type of arabic-indic

.cooked ul {
   list-style-type: arabic-indic
}

?

5 Likes

Thanks Sam , with a slight change it worked for the css:
.cooked ol { list-style-type: arabic-indic ; }

for the input part, where users need to switch to Persian/English to add numbers and text; before updating the commonmarks, one should only add the first number, and then add - for the rest of the numbers. but now all the numbers should have been written.

I think this is a feature for markdown-it, Marker character change forces new list start. Meanwhile is there any shortcuts (or tricks) I may have missed in the way one can use this numbered-lists in markdown-it without explicitly inputting all the numbers?

1 Like

Why not persian?
list-style-type: persian

2 Likes

Sure, if that is a supported browser option … why not.

2 Likes