Not compliant with google signin branding requirements

I also got one a few months back. What I was told was:

• Wrong color (???)
  • Wrong Google icon
  • Incorrect padding

They also told me that the privacy policy and terms of service were not prominent.

I ended up not bothering since it was just a name change.

1 Like

That’s useful thanks! We did update to their official logo a while ago, but maybe it changed… we should review all of this stuff.

3 Likes

Saved my day. Thank you <3

1 Like

The contact with the “Google Cloud Trust & Safety Team” is very chaotic. It seems that there are a couple of people assigned to one approval, and even when I ask or give them precise information, in the following email I’m getting questions about the same thing I just answered :sweat_smile:

Did they give you any more specific information?

Nope, but I assume that:

• the text should be the same as in their guidelines
  • padding
  • color
  • icon

I’m also stuck with the privacy policy guidelines. I’m still not sure if it is enough that there is a link present in the hamburger menu or not. This and many other forums powered by Discourse have just that link, and signing with google is available.

1 Like

Use this one. Privacy Policy - Android වැඩකාරයෝ Forum (androidwedakarayo.com) They need only the link.

We need the approval only for the consent screen. Otherwise, without a consent screen, we can move forward. But consent screen will make users more comfortable with us.

Use this one. Privacy Policy - Android වැඩකාරයෝ Forum (androidwedakarayo.com) They need only the link.

No, they don’t. We already have a privacy policy available from the hamburger menu but it wasn’t enough.
I added the footer component and waiting for verification.

About the Sign In Branding - I got this answer:

Google Sign-in button on the Login URL is not compliant with our guidelines. Specifically, it violates the Padding requirement.

I will temporarily add what @awesomerobot suggested, but it would be nice to solve this systematically.

2 Likes

I got the approval recently

It may depend on how eager to check the details their representant is :thinking:

2 Likes

Check my website. https://forum.androidwedakarayo.com

Yes, but what for? Our cases are different for the reason I wrote in my prev post.

Just check my Google login button and your one. Then you can find the issue that have with your one.

This PR should fix this issue.

6 Likes