Open ID Connect Troubleshooting

Hello I’m working with a high-traffic self-hosted instance of Discourse.
It’s hosted on Digital Ocean. It uses the discourse-openid-connect plugin and Auth0 to do authentication.
For authorization we use a third-party vendor to check the cookies for the user’s email we’ve gotten from Auth0.
It seems that the email value is not getting written to the cookie. When our third-party authorization goes to check for the cookie, it’s not finding it. Our users get our paywall even though they are paid subscribers.
My question is how can I troubleshoot this to see where the problem lies?
I have:

• Turned on the logs. But I don’t have the experience with the Open Id process to interpret the logs.
  • I haven’t made any changes to the plugin settings.
  • haven’t looked at the Open ID connect discovery document yet, I’m working on getting access to that soon.

These discourse forums have been running without problems for a long time. I haven’t made any changes to the plugins. I haven’t added/taken away anything.

I think this started happening after the 2.9.0.beta2 update.
You can see the forums here: forums.wholehogsports.com

Thank you for your time. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don’t have much experience with this so I appreciate any correction or clarification of my description.

1 Like

How exactly this works? If Auth0 write an HTTP-Only and cookie that third party cookie check is in JS it won’t work.

Thank you for your response.
I’m still researching how our third-party checks for the email, but are you saying that it won’t work with Javascript.

And I’m not sure what you mean by HTTP-Only

I appreciate you taking time to respond. I’m new to discourse and our process. Thanks for your patience.

Just want to bump this to see if anyone might have a solution. Or maybe someone can show me something I’m obviously missing.