Padding/margin bottom on iOS chat

I noticed chat adds this sort of padding at the bottom on iOS to push it above the home indicator. How can we remove this as we already have that solution in place? I can’t repro on a browser to find that div.

(see grey area)

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what I’m looking at in this image. Can you share a full screenshot as well?

Can you help to illustrate what you mean by this too?

Just trying to understand well enough to help, but I’m not quite there yet.

1 Like

It doesn’t happen all the time, hence my difficulty. Not sure what the logic is.

Basically, on iPhones there’s a home indicator which is marked as a horizontal line, right?
So it seems as if there’s some kind of margin/padding at the bottom to avoid any overflow over this. A little tricky to see in the picture, but it’s a grey area of about 20 pixels before the content actually is being drawn.
It seems to come and go - haven’t found a way to repro but it seems to only happen in Chat?

We have already created an in-house solution to deal with this home indicator so essentially we now have a “double” margin/padding.

2 Likes

OK, well when you do see it again, if you can get a screenshot of the full screen I think it’d really help me understand better.

1 Like