We’re looking for a developer to write up a scheduled task that runs daily to enforce the following user preferences, based on group. Ideally this would be contributed as an admin-customizable plugin to the community so it can also be used by others (like people involved in this topic) that might also want this functionality.
However we do have an immediate need for this functionality so we are open to quick and dirty solutions, including help with postgres queries we can run manually to enforce user preferences. Open to proposals - please PM me.
For our specific purposes, the requirements are as follows.
If a user is in the ourorg_staff group, the following user settings are enforced:
- default email private messages - SELECTED
- default email direct - SELECTED
- default email always - SELECTED
- default categories watching - ANNOUNCEMENTS
- default categories tracked and muted - NOT ANNOUNCEMENTS
If a user is in the ourorg_leadership group, tthe following user settings are enforced:
- default categories watching - LEADERSHIP
- default categories tracked and muted - NOT LEADERSHIP
Other settings, especially other category notification settings, are not affected.