What would you like done?
I am setting up a discourse website which requires some customizations; I want to make my discourse website similar to reddit. Since I have limited experience with discourse, rails and emberjs, I need a consultant to guide me on best approach I can take to customize discourse for my use case.
I would like to setup a call to discuss about how to do the following:
- Guidance on best practices for setting up local development environment and testing / deployment workflow.
- Making UI changes to show thumbnails using images / videos from the post content; video should be playable.
- Adding a new page as default similar to top/new/latest which uses reddit’s sorting algorithm.
- Change desktop view layout to have a side column to show widgets such as categories, latest topics, ads etc.
- Allow user to like, comment, share & flag a topic without opening its page.
How I would like the topics to shown:
Layout for the desktop view:
When do you need it done?
If we can have our first call in next 1-2 weeks, that would be great.
What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
If you have a strong discourse profile / contributions I can pay up to $30-50/hr for the consultation calls. If I need help with the development we can decide on that later.