[PAID] Looking for help migrating a community from Slack to Discourse

Answers to the standard questions below.

Summary:

We have a small community of coaching clients on a Slack channel. While it’s only 30 people at the moment, I’m already answering questions multiple times b/c messages get archived, and it’s getting sloppy with people not using threads, etc.

I used to have a simple Discourse forum (for a different project) that I loved. So, I’d like to migrate to another simple Discourse community that is branded with my business. I’m looking for someone that could help migrate / build this community, help create a simple process for new clients to join the forum in onboarding, and possibly stick around to help with ongoing maintenance, improvements, upgrades, etc.

Appreciate any help in advance.

//

What would you like done?

Build out of new community in Discourse to replace our Slack community.

When do you need it done?

30 days.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

I have budget. It depends on how involved I have to be, how well the end product will match my branding, how efficient the onboarding of new clients is, and if I can get ongoing support with the community / technical support after the migration.

3 Likes

Are you looking to self host, or are you after managed hosting?

2 Likes

Hi @RayJGreen
I am interested to help you, sending you a PM

1 Like

Hey Sam. I’m not sure of the pros and cons of either. Depends on cost and workload. Assuming it’s not crazy expensive, I lean towards managed because self hosting sounds like work and risk, but not entirely sure.

2 Likes

Received. Will respond there. Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.