[PAID] Point Subdomain, Import from FB Group, Install Plugins, Modify Theme

Hi,

I’m looking to find someone to help me with the following:

1. I had Discourse installed on a DigitalOcean server, but I need someone to point it to community.mydomain.com. Right now, the root mydomain.com is hosted with another company.
  2. I’d like to have users and posts from an existing Facebook Group imported into Discourse. Ideally, I’d like to have two groups imported into the same Discourse community, but if that’s not possible then having one is OK.
  3. I have a couple of plugins I’d like to install:
  • Tagger Plugin
  • Translator Plugin
  • Advertising Plugin (if possible)
  1. I’d like to also make some theme modifications that can be discussed.

If these are things you could help me with, please private message with details of your Discourse experience.

I’ll likely need some ongoing system maintenance as well.

Thanks!
Gabe

1. Is just setting the A/AAAA record to the subdomain, you can probably do that yourself
2. Uhh, no idea about that.
3. Not too hard either, most plugins have README’s and support the app.yml stuff :smile:
4. Experimenting yourself isn’t too difficult either if it’s only about changing the colors.

System maintenance is basically done by Discourse sufficiently by itself as long as you update, say, every 2 weeks or so.

Saving money on these “small issues” would be more intelligent to me.

1 Like

@Moter8, I appreciate the feedback. I’d love to learn how to do some of these things myself, but right now getting launched is my priority.

It may be second nature to some, but I’ve never used SSH before and don’t have the time right now to play around with it. In time, I’d definitely like to be able to do little things on my own, but I’ve got to find some good beginner guides first.

1. That is very easy.
  2. I doing that with my Facebook Groups. I created some PHP script, it can create a bunch of user and import their posts.
    (Experiment: These account are connected with their Facebook. They will need to login with Facebook in orders to claim their account.)
  3. Tagger plugin is not available for Discourse 1.20beta 3
    You can install Google Adsense Plugin for Advertising