[PAID] Prevent domination of a topic

What would you like done?

My political community board has a persistent problem with some people being online all day and completely drowning out others who can only log in once a day. The “dominating_topic” popups do not reliably show up and they also get ignored. The moderators are not available 24/7 to jump in. I would like to fix this by adding technical limits as follows: each user can reply twice in a thread up to 20 posts, 3 times in a thread up to 50 posts, and 5 times in longer threads (we have a limit of 100 posts per thread). If they try to add another reply beyond the limit, the reply field is greyed out with a message that their reply limit has been reached and they should also let other people weigh in on the topic. This restriction should apply to everyone except moderators and admins and obviously it should not apply to private messages. They should also still be able to edit their existing replies.

I have found this old plugin and it’s similar, but it lacks the ability to limit old users’ number of replies. I’m also not sure the plugin still works well with the current version of Discourse. I leave it up to the coder to decide whether to adapt that plugin or create this functionality separately.

When do you need it done?

By end of April

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

Up for reasonable suggestions

5 Likes

Sent over a message. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think I see your problem right there :wink:

I am only joking, because I am very much in favor of features like this getting added to Discourse – but running a forum for political discussion is certainly an advanced difficulty mode.

11 Likes

I’m the developer and I would suggest anyone to NOT to even trying to install it. The project is pretty much abandoned about 2 years ago and have never been running in production.

Please get in touch with @Ellibereth if you’d like to get things fixed or adding new features into it.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.