What would you like done?
Our existing vBulletin site has “What’s Going On” at the bottom so visitors have an idea of how active our community is. It looks like:
This is much different than David Taylor’s Who’s Online plugin because I need to handle around:
- ~100k users online
- list around ~5k currently online usernames (not avatars) on each page
- using a longer online period of ~7 days
- we use fastly with full site shield mode, some anon user stats may need to be grabbed from fastly
David Taylor said that:
using a longer online period of ~7 days
The existing whos-online plugin is not designed to deal with this at all. It’s designed for a few minutes, maybe a few hours. It might actually be easier to develop a new plugin from scratch to do what you want, rather than try and adapt what already exists.
When do you need it done?
Needs to be complete tested and live in around 14 days.
Resources for Reference
- David Taylor’s Who’s Online
- Ragwolf’s Online Users
- Anton’s Wordpress/React/Twig Anything version of Who’s Online