[PAID] Xbox Authentication for Login/Signup

What would you like done?

I want an Xbox Authentication for logging in and signing up on my site like the XBL Auth on the Discourse forum Hive Games (playhive.com)

When do you need it done?

Until the last week of June

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

Around $50 or anything else not exceeding $100, we can always negotiate a budget.

If your self hosted or your plan supports maybe this plugin might work

I want to allow my users to link their Xbox gamertags and information, but it seems that the plugin only retrieves data from their Microsoft profile (not their Xbox Live profile).

2 Likes

Cool so your looking for more than just login authentication.

1 Like

(FYI this was requested before [PAID] Create Xbox Live Login Auth0 for Discourse plugin, not sure where that went)

1 Like

Are you aware of documentation that shows its possible to do what you ask?

I suspect that you’re budget is off by a factor of ten. It is a $50 to $100 job to see if it’s even possible.

There could be some way that’s easier than i can imagine, but you’ll need to do the work to figure out how to solve the problem first.

One solution that might fit your budget would be to have users use keybase to prove their connection to both your forum and their Xbox profile and then link to that somehow.Darn. I don’t see an easy way to do that either.

Aha. Here’s the API documentation: Universal Resource Identifier (URI) reference - Microsoft Game Development Kit | Microsoft Learn

2 Likes

That’s a lot more than just “authentication” because all Microsoft services (including Xbox) just uses your Microsoft account. So you’re looking for something that specifically pulls up that information, which you can do but I doubt as a login authenticator.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.