Password reset email leads to "Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."

Hi there,

I have a forum that’s been running for a few years (~200 users). Recently, it’s come to my attention that password reset is broken.

The reset email (triggered from the login window or account prefs → Security → Send PW Reset Email) leads to a page that says “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private” and there’s no way to actually reset the password. I tested it with several accounts, and asked a few people try. All with the same result.

The link in the email is structured [site]/users/password-reset/[hash]. Email confirmation links in the signup flow are working fine.

For background I’m running 2.8.0.beta6, hosting on Digital Ocean with Mailgun. Haven’t had any issues otherwise.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

This link changed a while back. It should now be [site]/u/password-reset/[hash]

This should have been updated automatically, but if you’ve overridden the email template then it might not have updated correctly. Can you try updating it manually? To do that, head to

[your site]/admin/customize/email_templates/user_notifications.forgot_password
4 Likes

Yes - that did the trick!

I don’t think I ever edited the email templates (though I could be forgetting). In any case, I went through them all and found ~7 that had the “revert” option available – all ones relating to welcoming users, reseting passwords, etc.

Thanks again for your help. Really appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.